Director of Recreation/Activities
Director of Activities/Recreation
Onondaga Center is actively looking to hire a Director of Activities/Recreation for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Minoa, NY.
The Director of Activities/Recreation plans individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general, supervises recreation assistants and volunteers. The Director of Activities/Recreation will be responsible for developing, implementing and supervising a full scope of recreation services in the nursing home to stimulate customers to have fuller and richer lives.
- Responsible for developing, implementing & supervising all recreational services.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the recreational budget.
- Plans for individual and group recreation services, both therapeutic and general.
- Responsible for creating exciting & therapeutic recreation programs.
- Directly supervises all recreation assistants and volunteers.
- Responsible for all necessary documentation.
- Provide and monitor individual guidance and motivation to employees.
- Member of the interdisciplinary & management teams.
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting (and any other resident committees such as food committee) and is the staff liaison for the resident council president and other resident executive committee members.
- Takes minutes of meetings and ensures that all resident concerns are addressed.
- Coordinates community grassroots programming and serves as facility representative at local events.
- Responsible for maintaining a bi-monthly newsletter and maintaining facility social media program (Facebook).
- Must have recreation experience working in a Skilled Nursing Facility
- Previous Recreation Director Experience or Licensed Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
Onondaga Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is an 82-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a residential neighborhood in the picturesque village of Minoa, New York. We pledge to be innovative in our processes and procedures and to continually set the standard of excellence among skilled nursing facilities, where residents find their physical, social and spiritual needs met by caring, compassionate people. Staying active, engaging with neighbors and visitors, and keeping fit are all part of the day at Onondaga Center. Onondaga Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium. OND33