Director of Recreation- ALP
Director of Recreation / Activities
Oneida Center is actively looking to hire a full-time Activities Director for our Assisted Living Program.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and supervising a full scope of recreational services in the Senior Adult Day Care program in order to stimulate customers to have fuller and richer lives.
- Plan individual and group recreation services; both therapeutic and general, as well as, supervises recreation assistants and volunteers.
- An integral member of the interdisciplinary and management team of the Adult Day Healthcare Center.
Job Duties & Requirements Include:
- An Adult Day Care Director of Recreation is in charge of the planning and implementation of activities engaged in by participants of the program. S/he is expected to arrange interesting and diverse programs, outings, and experiences that enhance the participants' engagement while in our care.
- The ability to simultaneously be compassionate yet maintain control of the situation at hand is a very desirable trait for an activity director.
- As the activity director plans the monthly calendar of activities, the wants and needs of the residents should be of main concern. This requires outstanding and ongoing communications with all the participants and staff. As often as possible, the activities should reflect a wide range of the residents’ interests while also providing physical and mental stimulation.
- Certification in Recreation or Healthcare preferred
- Candidate must have an upbeat, positive outlook and cheery disposition.
- Previous experience doing activities; Arts & Crafts a must!
- Must be reliable, responsible, and have the ability to lead and inspire others.
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, formerly known as Focus Utica for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strive to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well-being, individuality, and independence.