Director of Social Services
University Center is hiring a Director of Social Work (DSW) or Director of Social Services for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY.
- Directs, establishes & plans the overall policies/goals for the Social Services Dept
- Responsible for assessments, care planning & helping residents adjust
- Supervision of Department Staff
- Discharge Planning at start of admission
- Occasional Community Outreach
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices & procedures
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- 2+ years of Management Experience in LTC settings
- LSW – MSW
- Knowledge of applicable State & Federal guidelines
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
University Center is a 46-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the historic and serene neighborhood of the University Heights section of the Bronx. Our small size is unique and it enables us to tailor our care to meet the individual needs of each resident in a homelike environment. Our staff is devoted, loyal, and committed to providing optimum quality of care which fosters independence and maintains dignity. University Nursing Home is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V