Director of Social Work
Amsterdam Nursing Home is hiring a Director of Social Work (DSW) in Manhattan, NY.
- Directs, establishes & plans the overall policies/goals for the Social Services Dept
- Responsible for assessments, care planning & helping residents adjust
- Supervision of Department Staff
- Discharge Planning at start of admission
- Occasional Community Outreach
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices & procedures
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Relies on extensive experience & judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- 2+ years of Management Experience in LTC settings
- LSW – MSW
- Knowledge of applicable State & Federal guidelines
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state of the art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V