Director of Staff Development/Assistant Director of Nursing
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)/Staff Educator
Amsterdam Nursing is actively seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing/Staff Educator for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an LTC setting with training and leading a clinical staff.
- Leads staff development programs; by providing instruction designed in safety, body mechanics, infection control, hazardous infectious materials, etc. to meet NYSDOH & other regulatory mandates
- Maintains educational practices by coaching, counseling, and may participate in disciplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Records and documents educational activity, attendance, and responses
- Report on active projects, reactions, and progress daily, weekly and monthly.
- Participation in QAPI monthly meetings and projects
- Assist Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating, and implementing staff programs and services to ensure a well-educated staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Consults with and keeps Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains good inter and intradepartmental relationships, interacting effectively with all internal and external customers
- Maintains close contact with employees off work, on disability, or workman’s compensation, and their physicians to facilitate their earliest possible return to work
- Reviews incident reports, OSHA reports, involving employees injured at work & coordinates education, loss prevention program with our safety program
- Inter-personal, organizational, and problem-solving skills are required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Nurse Educator in Long Term Care preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in a long-term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to creatively educate and coach
- CPR certification required, CPR trainer certified or willing to become a trainer.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess the ability to interact, educate, coach, and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report. AMS
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V