Richmond Center is looking for an Education Specialist/Activity Coordinator to be a part of the recreation department team, working with the residents in our Neuro Behavioral program.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Planning and implementing a variety of cognitive and educational activities/programs in a group setting and individual basis
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!
- MUST have prior long term care recreation experience
- Previous experience with a geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V