Educator/ Staff Developer
Hammonton Center is seeking to hire a Full-Time Educator/Staff Developer for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Hammonton, NJ.
- Managing recruitment needs by determining open positions, screening and interviewing applicants
- Work well with Administrator's Assistant and/or Business Office Manager on HR on issues and/or perform HR duties
- Participates in facility management meetings as required
- General Office duties in Nursing Office
- Leads staff development programs; by providing instruction designed in safety, body mechanics, infection control, hazardous infectious materials, etc. to meet NYSDOH & other regulatory mandates
- Maintains educational practices by coaching, counseling, and may participate in disciplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Records and documents educational activity, attendance, and responses
- Report on active projects, reactions, and progress daily, weekly and monthly.
- Participation in QAPI monthly meetings and projects
- Assist Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating, and implementing staff programs and services to ensure a well-educated staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Consults with and keeps Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains good inter and intradepartmental relationships, interacting effectively with all internal and external customers
- Maintains close contact with employees off work, on disability, or workman’s compensation, and their physicians to facilitate their earliest possible return to work
- Reviews incident reports, OSHA reports, involving employees injured at work & coordinates education, loss prevention program with our safety program
- Inter-personal, organizational, and problem-solving skills are required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Nurse Educator in Long Term Care preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in a long-term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to creatively educate and coach
- CPR certification required, CPR trainer certified or willing to become a trainer.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess the ability to interact, educate, coach, and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment to basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
Hammonton Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Hammonton, New Jersey. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Hammonton Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.