Facility Maintenance Mechanic
Beth Abraham Center is now hiring Facility Maintenance Staff for our Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Assist with regular facility & equipment inspections for safety, upkeep, appearance.
- Assist with maintenance of HVAC system, plumbing electrical installation/repairs
- Responding to maintenance requests by Staff & Residents.
- Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner.
- Be available for emergency troubleshooting & repairs of equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Min. high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, initiative for quality service.
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office.
- Extensive experience in HVAC, electric, carpentry & general maintenance.
- Extensive experience in plumbing is needed.
- 3-5 years of plumbing experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask/stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team member.
Beth Abraham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 448-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility with impressive Resident and family satisfaction ratings. A vital part of the Bronx community, the facility has a long history of providing a warm and nurturing environment, allowing each resident to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We want them to leave Beth Abraham Center with dignity and independence. Beth Abraham Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.