Facility Transportation Driver
Facility Transportation Driver
Fulton Center is looking to hire a Driver to transport residents to and from appointments, dialysis, and activities in a safe and courteous manner in and around Gloversville, NY.
- Operates the transportation and works with the residents and rehabilitation patients to primarily transport and pick them up to/from physician’s offices, hospitals, dialysis centers, and recreational activities locally.
- Be able to physically work with the severely handicapped and the elderly.
- Acts as a positive representative of the Center’s Health Care facility. Work with tact and understanding with the residents, family representatives, and nursing personnel.
- Operates the van’s/bus wheelchair lift properly to assure the safety of the residents/patients.
- Secures w/c or Geri chair to transportation (Van or Bus) to stabilize the assisted devices during trip. Ensures that residents/patients are secured with lap belts or seatbelts.
- In case of using bench chairs in the van or bus, secures passengers using seatbelts, properly secured.
- Ensures that all vehicle passengers follow safety procedures including fastening seat belts prior to moving the van
- Assist disabled passengers into and out of the vehicle.
- Assist all other departments in deliveries and pickup and delivery of other related work items, (i.e. dentures, x-rays, pharmaceuticals, mail drop off, etc.)
- Support the medical records department in deliveries and pick up medical records. All documents will be maintained within HIPPA guidelines.
- Communicates with the facility upon disruption of service.
- Reports all vehicle repairs and/ or any unsafe or hazardous situations immediately to the administrator.
- Demonstrates flexibility and availability for special occasions and special schedules
- In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required.
- Attends and participates in center pre-service and in-service training, and other continuing education, career, and professional development opportunities.
- Keeps the van/bus clean and free of debris; follows other van/bus cleaning procedures
- Operates van in such a way that road safety and state regulations are always followed; reports any traffic violations to the Director immediately.
- Arranges for the annual state inspection of the vehicle.
- Completes a comprehensive inspection of the van daily, before and after use, reporting any conditions of concern to the Director, or delegated staff person, before transporting patients
- Drops off the van/bus after their shift.
- Flexible availability is a MUST
- Must be an insured driver
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Needs to be dependable.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
Fulton Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 176-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located near Albany and Syracuse, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. At the Fulton Center, we offer a friendly working environment, competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Fulton Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.