FFS - Social Workers
Centers Home Health Care of Otsego is actively seeking FFS - Social Workers for our Home Care Agency in Otsego County, NY.
The Social Worker will provide intervention to promote social/physiological well-being of patients in their home setting in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Agency policies.
- Interprets and implements the Agency’s philosophy to staff and members of the community.
- Works with the home care team (physician, nurses, therapist) to assess and evaluate home care needs and safety.
- Interviews patients and family to assess the patient’s understanding of illness and determine the patient’s home environment and support system.
- Evaluates patient’s level of comprehension if procedures and/or treatment need to be performed, e.g. insulin injections, dressings, ostomy care.
- Explains home health agency services and policies to patients and families.
- Assist to ensure that home health agencies is ready to meet the patients’ needs at discharge and arrange long-term care referral process when applicable. Cooperates and provide feedback to the inter discipline team members
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Social worker
- Knowledge of Word and excel preferred.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to input clinical data proficiently
Centers Home Care is one of the largest home health care organizations in New York, providing every type of healthcare from Health Aides to Physical Therapists, to Registered Nurses and more. Our network includes Alpine Home Health Care, Revival Home Health Care, InterGen Health and Amazing Home Care. Whether you are a hospital planner arranging patient discharges, a rehabilitation patient in need of continuing care when you return home, or you’re taking care of someone at home and need a little extra help, we’re here for you. We have the staff and most important, we have the expertise. We can solve your care needs, assist you with short or long-term equipment rental, and resolve insurance questions all with one call.