Food Service Director
Director of Dietary Services / Food Service Director
Delmar Center is actively seeking a Director of Food Services for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate would be a Certified Dietary Manager with LTC experience or have a culinary background with Healthcare experience.
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of Food Service Staff.
- Schedule and assign staff, prepare department payroll for data entry if required.
- Supervise the storage & care of food and supplies.
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, dining areas, and equipment.
- Inspects Residents' trays for consistency with the specified menu.
- May be requested to assist on tray line at mealtimes.
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events.
- Ordering and Purchasing.
- Staff training and orientation.
- CDM certification required
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Food Service exp. in Long-Term Care settings strongly preferred.
- ServSafe or Sodexo certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep.
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care-the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast. Delmar Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.