Food Service Director
Director of Dietary Services / Food Service Director
Warren Center is actively seeking a Director of Food Services for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have healthcare or hotel (customer service) style background.
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of Food Service Staff.
- Schedule and assign staff, prepare department payroll for data entry if required.
- Supervise the storage & care of food and supplies.
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, dining areas, and equipment.
- Inspects Residents' trays for consistency with the specified menu.
- May be requested to assist on tray line at mealtimes.
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events.
- Ordering and Purchasing.
- Staff training and orientation.
- CDM certification required
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Food Service exp. in Long-Term Care settings strongly preferred.
- ServSafe or Sodexo certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep.
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
Warren Center is an eighty-bed skilled nursing facility located at 42 Gurney Lane. Our facility provides a wide spectrum of nursing care to the residents of Warren County. We provide short-term rehabilitation services to people who cannot immediately return to their homes because of an accident or illness. We also provide long-term care for individuals who are unable to care for themselves. We look at each person from an individual perspective. We then utilize a team approach working with the residents and their families to develop a unique plan of care to meet their needs.