Food Service Director
New Paltz Center is hiring a Food Service Director in New Paltz, NY.
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of Food Service Staff.
- Schedule and assign staff, prepare department payroll for data entry if required.
- Supervise the storage & care of food and supplies.
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, dining areas, and equipment.
- Inspects Residents' trays for consistency with the specified menu.
- May be requested to assist on tray line at mealtimes.
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events.
- Ordering and purchasing.
- Staff training and orientation.
- CDM certification required
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Food Service exp. in Long-Term Care settings strongly preferred.
- SERV Safe or Sodexo certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep.
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
New Paltz Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 77-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet woodsy neighborhood outside of town. Our mission at New Paltz Center is to provide the finest rehab and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes are our daily measures of progress. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave New Paltz Center with dignity and independence. New Paltz Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.