Handyman- Afternoon Hours
Brooklyn Center is seeking a Handyman to work from 1:00 PM-9:00 PM (hours may vary) at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Brooklyn, NY.
New state of the art building!!
The ideal candidate should be experienced with T-89 (Fire Safety Director), S13 (Standpipe System) S12 (Sprinkler System). It is also a requirement for the candidate to have a Certificate of Fitness (FDNYC) or have the ability to obtain the Certificate within 2-3 months of start date.
- Assist with regular facility & equipment inspections for safety, upkeep, appearance.
- Responding to maintenance requests by Staff & Residents.
- Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner.
- Be available for emergency troubleshooting & repairs of equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge in standpipe and sprinkler system (Certificate of fitness FDNYC)
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electric, carpentry, general maintenance, and HVAC systems.
- Min. high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to multitask/stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team member.
Brooklyn Center is a state-of-the-art 280-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the heart of Brooklyn. It’s a 280,000 sq. ft. ultramodern facility with a 6,000 sq. ft. high-tech therapy suite and 14,000 sq. ft of exclusive rooftop and outdoor spaces. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Brooklyn Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Brooklyn Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care-the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast.