Corning Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is looking to hire a Cook to work full-time for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Corning, NY. The ideal candidate will have experience in large-scale & therapeutic food prep as well as excellent communication skills!
- Preparation, cooking, and service of a variety of foods
- Baking a variety of rolls, cookies, cakes, and pies
- Working on tray line during meal service
- General cleaning up of kitchen
- Hand washing and sanitizing of pot and pans
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification in healthcare cooking (ServSafe or Sodexo)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in large-scale cooking
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep
- Must be able to do some physical work
- Should be a strong team player
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Will manage Kitchen in absence of food service director
Corning Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility located in Corning, New York, and is designed for individuals with skilled nursing needs, postoperative recuperation, or complex medical care demands, as well as chronically ill individuals who can no longer live independently. We offer a variety of services including Skilled Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitative Care and Therapy, Social Work Services, and Recreational Activities. Corning Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.