LCMS Mass Spec Technologist
Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is actively seeking an LCMS Mass Spec Technologist for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey.
Position Title: LCMS Technologist
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
The LCMS Technologist is a hands-on position responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
Demonstrate ability to function competently according to established company and departmental policies and procedures. In addition, perform all aspects of patient care in a laboratory environment that optimizes patient safety. Demonstrate ability to function competently according to established company and departmental policies and procedures.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibility. Technologist responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Processes all testing of urine and blood samples for LCMS, HPLC and ICPMS based assays as per standard operating procedures.
- Operates and maintains LC/MS/MS, HPLC, and ICPMS analyzers, including instrument setup, troubleshooting and validations.
- Responsible for all Mass spec department duties, including sample preparation, reagent preparation, and results reporting.
- Performs quality control and calibrations for each lab procedure on a daily basis.
- Maintains assay integrity and performance to ensure reproducibility of all results
- Assists with proficiency testing and resolutions
- Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of all areas of responsibility
- Available to staff when testing is performed to resolve problems
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify Laboratory Management.
- Follows all CLIA, HIPAA and OSHA guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or related Life Science
- 2 to 3 years LCMS laboratory experience.
- Experience with Agilent platforms is preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Frequent exposure to body fluids
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team