LCMS Technologist Team Lead
Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently searching for a Team Leader for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
Position Title: LCMS Technologist Team Lead
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
The LCMS Team Lead is a hands-on position responsible for the oversight of the LCMS laboratory departments technical operations and personnel performing specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results. In addition, performs all aspects of patient care in a laboratory environment that optimizes patient safety. Demonstrates ability to function competently according to established company and departmental policies and procedures.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibility. Team Lead responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Processes all testing of urine and blood samples for LCMS, HPLC and ICPMS based assays as per standard operating procedures.
- Operates and maintains LC/MS/MS, HPLC, and ICPMS analyzers, including instrument setup, troubleshooting and validations.
- Responsible for all Mass spec department duties, including sample preparation, reagent preparation, and results reporting.
- Provides supervision of high complexity test performance by qualified testing personnel in the absence of the Technical Supervisor
- Performs and reviews quality control and calibrations for each lab procedure on a daily basis.
- Maintains assay integrity and performance to ensure reproducibility of all results
- Assist management in reviewing of any special cases and issues.
- Provides orientation, training, and competency assessments to all testing personnel
- Assists with proficiency testing and resolutions
- Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff
- Assists supervisor/manager with inventory control
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of all areas of responsibility
- Available to staff when testing is performed to resolve problems
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify Laboratory Management.
- Follows all CLIA, HIPAA and OSHA guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or related Life Science
- 3 to 5 years LCMS laboratory experience, 2 years in a lead role preferred
- Experience with Agilent platforms is preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Frequent exposure to body fluids
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed