Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapy Assistant
Ontario Center is actively seeking Licensed Physical Therapy Assistants to work at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Canandaigua, NY.
PTA Duties Include:
- Measuring & recording Residents' motor function, strength, and muscle performance.
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, observe residents, and write progress reports.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with a variety of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents on how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle and improve mobility.
- Maintain Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to an interdisciplinary team effort.
PTA Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited PTA Program
- Current New York State PTA License
- Experience in long term care settings preferred
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing-home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to the emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as a home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Ontario Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.