LIS Analyst + 3K Sign On Bonus
Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently searching for an LIS Analyst for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
Now offering a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Salary range is 105K-120K depending on experience
The LIS analyst works collaboratively with laboratory and IT staff for the efficient day-to-day management and support of the laboratory information system. Will be responsible for managing and supporting the design, implementation and optimization of new laboratory IT solutions.
- To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently.
- Serves as a liaison between the laboratory and I.T. to maximize system effectiveness and ensure proper design.
- Responsible for applying software-specific knowledge to assigned projects to ensure proper design, implementation and documentation.
- Deliver training and knowledge transfer to end users.
- Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of laboratory information system projects.
- Participates as the SME on LIS project teams.
- Integrates medical technology concepts, principles and techniques with computer skills to develop, monitor and maintain the laboratory information systems.
- Assist in planning and implementation of computer designs in coordination with IT personnel to provide accurate data management.
- Coordinates and implements database changes, upgrades and testing.
- Assist in maintenance and update of data management system by evaluating new protocols and updating system to ensure applications and technology are current.
- Perform system audits to ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- Assures instrumentation interfaces are appropriate.
- Designs and generates reports for the system users.
- Write and maintain LIS related procedures for CAP/NY/NJ
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and test
- Experience with instrument interfaces
- Experience in data mining, data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems regulatory requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Knowledge of Information system protocols.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or related Life Science
- 2 years of medical laboratory experience.
- Minimum 2 years Laboratory Informatics experience in the clinical laboratory environment.
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations