Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently searching for an LIS Analyst for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
The LIS analyst works collaboratively with laboratory and IT staff for the efficient day-to-day management and support of the laboratory information system. Will be responsible for managing and supporting the design, implementation and optimization of new laboratory IT solutions.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently.
- Serves as a liaison between the laboratory and I.T. to maximize system effectiveness and ensure proper design.
- Responsible for applying software-specific knowledge to assigned projects to ensure proper design, implementation and documentation.
- Deliver training and knowledge transfer to end users.
- Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of laboratory information system projects.
- Participates as the SME on LIS project teams.
- Integrates medical technology concepts, principles and techniques with computer skills to develop, monitor and maintain the laboratory information systems.
- Assist in planning and implementation of computer designs in coordination with IT personnel to provide accurate data management.
- Coordinates and implements database changes, upgrades and testing.
- Assist in maintenance and update of data management system by evaluating new protocols and updating system to ensure applications and technology are current.
- Perform system audits to ensure quality and accuracy of data.
- Assures instrumentation interfaces are appropriate.
- Designs and generates reports for the system users.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications and tests
- Experience with instrument interfaces
- Experience in data mining, data analysis and reporting
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems regulatory requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Knowledge of Information system protocols.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, or related Life Science
- 2 years of medical laboratory experience.
- Minimum 2 years Laboratory Informatics experience in the clinical laboratory environment.
Certification and Licensure:
- MT ASCP preferred
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Frequent exposure to body fluids
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate such as lab coats, face shields, gloves and masks
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed