Ellicott Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is seeking an experienced Maintenance Worker to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Buffalo, NY. The ideal candidate will have good time management skills, the ability to prioritize work orders under minimal supervision and consistent access to reliable transportation.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the building grounds in a supportive role.
Duties & Requirements:
- Daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Inspections of all maintenance-related items as pertaining to a nursing-care facility
- Preparation of units awaiting new occupant arrivals
- Care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company
- Supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by us for Service Technician
- Reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Maintaining required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Cleaning work area, tools, and equipment
- Courteous and efficient response at all times-including being on an on-call basis for maintenance emergencies
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies
- Duties may include but not limited to: transport resident beds, small appliances, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, snow removal, window/door repair, flooring, furnace/A/C work, roofing and carpentry
- Other job duties assigned per supervisor's request
Ellicott Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 160-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York’s beautiful Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. At Ellicott Center, we offer premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more. Ellicott Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.