Maintenance Technician (Evening)
Ellicott Center is seeking an experienced Maintenance Worker. Candidate must have good time management skills, have the ability to prioritize work orders and be able to work under little supervision. Must have reliable transportation and must be punctual.
Shift Requirements: 12 PM - 8 PM
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the property building and grounds in a supportive role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Responsible for inspections of all maintenance-related items as pertaining to a nursing-care facility
- Responsible for the preparation of units awaiting new occupant arrivals
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by us for Service Technician
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools, and equipment
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times-including being on an on-call basis for maintenance emergencies
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Responsible for a thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies
- Duties may include but not limited to: transport resident beds, small appliances, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, snow removal, window/door repair, flooring, furnace/A/C work, roofing and carpentry
- Other job duties assigned per supervisor's request
Ellicott Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 160-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York’s beautiful Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. At Ellicott Center, we offer premium compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more. Ellicott Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.