Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is actively hiring LPN Team Members to work for our Assisted Living Program in Utica, NY.
The primary purpose of the position is to maintain the
Duties and responsibilities are to be performed consistently and meet the performance standard of the
- Receive and follow maintenance schedule/instruction from your supervisor.
- Perform routine maintenance on grounds, parking areas, and driveways by cutting lawn, trimming hedges, and duties necessary to ensure cleanliness and safety of grounds.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and equipment to include plumbing, plastering, and electrical, carpentry, mechanical, etc., as directed in accordance with established procedure.
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when performing maintenance procedures.
- Maintain good repair of the general plant and facility.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and orderly environment for patronage by our residents, staff, visitors, and the general public.
- Clean windows and window screens as directed.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs, including exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, and external facility lighting.
- Perform housekeeping tasks in high places where the ladder is needed.
- Report all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor to your supervisor immediately upon occurrence.
- Service heating and cooling units/systems, as specified by the manufacturer and in compliance with established facility policy and procedure
- Perform preventative maintenance on specified facility equipment.
- Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Report equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to your supervisor immediately.
- Report need for the re-stocking of maintenance supplies and equipment to your supervisor.
- Follow maintenance work schedules as outlined for respective shifts and/or areas.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, in-service educational classes, and on-the-job training programs.
- Assist in the proper training of newly assigned maintenance department personnel.
- Assure that all facility equipment is properly maintained for patient comfort and convenience.
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored before leaving work areas to include breaks and the end of the workday.
- Follow established policies and procedures concerning infection control when performing maintenance services in isolating rooms/areas.
- Performance of other duties assigned directly by your supervisor.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment health screening/background check.
- High School Diploma or it's equivalent.
- Valid and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to read and write English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in the maintenance-related field.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift, push and move heavy equipment and supplies throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, bend, and pull at least 75 lbs.
- Possess a valid New York State Driver’s License
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, formerly known as Focus Utica for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice, and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well-being, individuality, and independence.