Bishop Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for a Maintenance Technician to work in our facility in Syracuse, NY.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the property building and grounds in a supportive role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Responsible for inspections of all maintenance-related items as pertaining to a nursing-care facility
- Responsible for the preparation of units awaiting new occupant arrivals
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by us for Service Technician
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools and equipment
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times-including being on an on-call basis for maintenance emergencies
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies
- Duties may include but not limited to: transport resident beds, small appliances, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, snow removal, window/door repair, flooring, furnace/A/C work, roofing and carpentry
- Other job duties assigned per supervisor's request