Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is actively seeking a Maintenance Technician to work full-time for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Utica, NY.
The primary purpose of the position is to maintain the Oneida
- Assist with regular facility & equipment inspections for safety, upkeep, appearance
- Responding to maintenance requests by Staff & Residents
- Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner
- Be available for emergency troubleshooting & repairs of equipment
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in working condition at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electric, carpentry & general maintenance
- Min. high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong work ethic and ability to take initiative
- Ability to multitask/stay on task & maintain focus in stressful situations
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team member
- Drivers Licensed Preferred
- Must be on call every other weekend
Oneida Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, formerly known as Focus Utica for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Utica, New York. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with. Services at Oneida Center include Skilled Nursing, Respite, Hospice, and Post-acute Rehabilitation and are affiliated with an Assisted Living Program and Adult Day Care. We endeavor to embrace our residents in times of crisis and assist them to leave and/or live here with a sense of well-being, individuality, and independence.