General Maintenance Worker
Martine Center is actively seeking a full time General Maintenance employee for our skilled nursing facility. The ideal candidate will be experienced with hand tools, painting equipment, preventative maintenance and general maintenance.
- Responsible for assisting with proper maintenance of equipment to ensure proper operation and quality care.
- Performs repair and painting of building as required.
- Assists Maintenance Mechanic with work and repairs as necessary.
- Adheres to all policies/procedures, uniform codes, and regulations of the facility.
- Reports grievances, complaints, problem areas, hazards immediately and assists with maintaining good inter and intra department and internal/external customer relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with hand tools, painting equipment and general maintenance.
- Must maintain a valid NYS driver’s license.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare facility preferred.
- Capable of calm, deliberate and calculated action in response to urgent situations and emergencies.
- Ability to read and understand pertinent equipment instructions, blueprints and maintenance manuals.
- Ability to lift 50-80 pounds while assisting with maintenance of equipment and performance of duties.
- Ability to stand or kneel for long periods of time. .
- White Plains, NY
Centers Health Care is the only fully integrated post-acute continuum of care, offering services to the elderly throughout NY, NJ and RI through its Healthcare facilities & agencies, Dialysis & Urgent Care Centers, a Managed Care Plan and a Durable Medical Equipment Provider. Earning praiseworthy reviews as the leading provider of top quality medical care in rehabilitative treatment and healthcare, Centers Health Care is unwavering in our dedication to excellence in care, and proud of our commitment to diversity and community involvement.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 980131