Brooklyn Center is hiring a Medical Director in Brooklyn, NY
- The Medical Director will be responsible managing a team of Physicians and Physician Extenders and ensuring the consistent high-level of medical care and services are provided to the Residents of this high-acuity skilled nursing facility.
- Participation with the Quality Improvement Committee and all designated subcommittees.
- Reports to the CMO on all significant quality improvement activities.
- Collaborates with the Director of Quality Improvement.
- Implementation of Quality Improvement Program.
- Assures timely and accurate submission of QARR.
- Responds to NYSDOH directives and correctives action plans in a timely manner.
- Assures that all policies and procedures are in compliance with State and Federal regulations for utilization management.
- Assures that application of utilization and case management result in successful management of medical expenses.
- Interfaces and supports Network Development and Provider Relations at hospitals, health centers and external agencies.
- Participate with provider credentialing and training.
- primary and specialty care.
- Assures that providers are appropriately educated as to the principles of managed care and the needs of members.
- M.D./D.O Degree and completion of a recognized residency program.
- Internal Medicine, Family Practice or Gerontology preferred.
- Board Certification in Specialty.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice medicine in New York State.
- Three years progressive management experience in a managed health system preferred.
- Experience with Medicaid/Medicare managed care is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff, physicians and other providers at hospitals, health centers and external agencies.
- Must be able to develop provider education programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
While the Medical Director will primarily be focused on the skilled nursing side of the operations, the successful candidate will work closely with his/her peers at all of our affiliated companies ensuring consistent quality of care across the full continuum.
Candidates for this position must be a licensed Physician with strong medical knowledge, great administrative and leadership skills. Must be an out-of-the-box thinker and have great communication skills and the ability to present well in public forums.
Brooklyn Center is a state-of-the-art 281-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the heart of Brooklyn. It’s a 280,000 sq. ft. ultramodern facility with a 6,000 sq. ft. high-tech therapy suite and 14,000 sq. ft of exclusive rooftop and outdoor spaces. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Brooklyn Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Brooklyn Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care—the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast. MED77
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V