Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Secretary
Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is seeking a Medical Records Secretary for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Elizabethtown, NY. The ideal candidate will have 2 years clerk experience, and experience in a Long-Term Care setting is preferred.
- Responsible to compile, process & accurately account for all medical records on each individual resident.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Verify the accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Maintain electronic health records databases.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Release necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Responsible for auditing and thinning all medical charts.
- 2 years clerk experience required; experience in Long Term Care setting preferred.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Solid organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in LTC settings a plus.
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Elizabethtown, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Essex Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.