Medical Records Clerk
Medical Records Secretary
Richmond Center is seeking a Medical Records Secretary for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Staten Island, NY. The ideal candidate will have 2 years clerk experience, and experience in a Long-Term Care setting is preferred.
- Responsible to compile, process & accurately account for all medical records on each individual resident.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Verify the accuracy and accessibility of files.
- Maintain electronic health records databases.
- Maintain data on patient safety, patterns of disease, and disease treatment and outcome.
- Release necessary information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Responsible for auditing and thinning all medical charts.
- 2 years clerk experience required; experience in Long Term Care setting preferred.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Solid organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in LTC settings a plus.
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.