Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is seeking a Med Tech 3 days a week from 5:00 AM-9:00 AM to rapid test for our skilled nursing facility.
- Accurately pour and endorse assistance with the medication of each individual
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and faxing of requests to MDs
- Review of receipt, storage, and documentation of medications delivered
- Communicate with the Medication Supervisor to clarify and ensure entitlements, prescriptions, and deliveries
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file
- Report residents who missed or refused medications to supervisor and case management
- Attend all mandatory scheduled in-service training programs
- Previous experience and/or training as a Med tech is a plus
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree is a plus
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language
- Familiar with the needs of the infirm and the elderly
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Boro Park Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.