NHTD / TBI Service Coordinator
Amazing Home Care is actively seeking a motivated and experienced Full-Time TBI/NHTD Service Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have excellent social skills and be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Amazing Home Care offers the following:
- Health Insurance
- Paid sick days
- Weekly Pay & Direct Deposit
- Competitive Pay Rates
- Provide direct care management services maintaining accurate and verifiable documentation of all services rendered.
- Gather information needed for applicants to be approved as a waiver participant by RDC.
- Assist clients/ legal guardians with applications and paperwork for and management of benefits, financial, housing, or other related areas as needed.
- Develop comprehensive service plans, PPOs, and all other required DOH paperwork to participants assigned.
- Monitor implementation of each client's service plan and provide ongoing review of plan's overall effectiveness in compliance with all state requirements and regulations.
- Maintain a minimum monthly face-to-face contact with each client served.
- Formally review and submit a revised service plan as directed by applicable Waiver.
- Maintain client records for a minimum of 7 years after termination of Waiver services from Amazing Home Care.
- Ensure the assessment of need for a nursing facility level of care is completed on an annual basis.
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings on a semi-annual basis and as requested by clients receiving services from TBI/NHTD Waiver programs.
- Participate in staff meetings and other Care Coordination department activities and mandatory training.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, State and Federal regulations and agency policies.
- Education: Associate's degree in Human Services, Social Work, Nursing or related field/experience.
- Experience: 1-year experience providing TBI/NHTD Service Coordination to individuals with disabilities in the New York.
Must be one of the following:
- Licensed Master Social Worker (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Individual with a Doctorate or Master of Social Work;
- Individual with a Doctorate or Master of Psychology;
- Individual with a Master of Gerontology;
- Physical Therapist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Registered Professional Nurse (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Certified Teacher of Students with Disabilities (Certified by the NYS Education Department);
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (Certified by the Commission of Rehabilitation Counselor Certification);
- Licensed Speech Pathologist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department);
- Occupational Therapist (Licensed by the NYS Education Department).