Nurse Practitioner (NP) / Physicians Assistant (PA)
Nurse Practitioner / Physician's Assistant
Medical Director Services PC is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner / Physician's Assistant for a skilled nursing facility in Staten Island, NY.
NEW GRADS WELCOME!!
WE OFFER EXTENSIVE TRAINING!!
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Health promotion and maintenance, thoroughness, clinical skills, informing others, medical teamwork, bedside manner, infection control, administering medication, pain management, self-development
- Appropriate NY State Licensure in good standing
Staten Island, NY
Medical Director Services was founded in 2016 when SNF’s were shifting a focus on value at the same time treating residents with a higher level of acuity. MDS PC puts an emphasis on quality and customer service first. Another crucial focus is treating in place when possible and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations.
MDS PC is experienced in providing medical services in an SNF setting with an understanding of how to give effective medical care in an SNF as well as an understanding of the survey process. We are currently providing services in facilities with specialty units and provide appropriate medical personal with the experience in treating residents on a vent. It is standard for our providers to reach out to the surrounding hospitals to ensure that we have good communications in terms of the continuation of care. We put a major focus on reducing the number of medications as well as the requirements with narcotics and psych meds. If the providers feel that certain medications are appropriated, we ensure that it is well documented so that the facility will not be cited. 3MDSPC3 MED77
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 745800