Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Centers Health Care is looking to hire an experienced and motivated Nurse Practitioner to work as a Floater NP for our Skilled Nursing Facilities in the Adirondack region of New York State.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Serves in the role of primary care provider to long and short term residents. Assessing patient’s health by visiting patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Team based care, collaborating with the medical attending/physician, as well as nursing home staff to provide the highest standard of care attainable.
- Building a relationship with residents and families, educating and formulating a plan of evidence-based care, congruent with the patients’ needs and desires.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Additionally ensuring standards align with the core values of the organization: being respectful, professional, and cognizant of all cultural, personal and religious beliefs.
- Reviewing and ensuring charting, documenting, and administration of care is up to date and performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Must be Board Certified
Washington and Essex Counties
Medical Director Services was founded in 2016 when SNF’s were shifting a focus on value at the same time treating residents with higher level of acuity. MDS PC puts an emphasis on quality and customer service first. Another crucial focus is treating in place when possible and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations. 3MDSPC3