Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Medical Director Services PC is looking to hire experienced Nurse Practitioners (NP) to service New Vista Nursing and Rehab located in Newark, NJ. The ideal candidate will have previous nursing home experience and will have reliable transportation.
New Grads Welcome!!
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Serves in the role of primary care provider to long and short term residents. Assessing patient’s health by visiting patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Team based care, collaborating with the medical attending/physician, as well as nursing home staff to provide the highest standard of care attainable.
- Building a relationship with residents and families, educating and formulating a plan of evidence-based care, congruent with the patients’ needs and desires.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Additionally ensuring standards align with the core values of the organization: being respectful, professional, and cognizant of all cultural, personal and religious beliefs.
- Reviewing and ensuring charting, documenting, and administration of care is up to date and performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Must be Board Certified
Extensive training will be offered
We will consider applicants that have Hospital setting experience
Medical Director Services was founded in 2016 when SNF’s were shifting a focus on value at the same time treating residents with a higher level of acuity. MDS PC puts an emphasis on quality and customer service first. Another crucial focus is treating in place when possible and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations. MDS PC is experienced in providing medical services in an SNF setting with an understanding of how to give effective medical care in an SNF as well as an understanding of the survey process. We are currently providing services in facilities with specialty units and provide appropriate medical personal with the experience in treating residents on a vent. It is standard for our providers to reach out to the surrounding hospitals to ensure that we have good communications in terms of the continuation of care. We put a major focus on reducing the number of medications as well as the requirements with narcotics and psych meds. If the providers feel that certain medications are appropriated, we ensure that it is well documented so that the facility will not be cited.