Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant (NP/PA)
Nurse Practitioner or Physicians Assistant (NP/PA)
Concord Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is looking to hire an experienced Nurse Practitioner/ Physicians Assistant to work Full-Time for our skilled nursing facility in Brooklyn, NY.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Must be Board Certified
Extensive training will be offered
We will consider applicants that have Hospital setting experience
Founded in 1975, the Concord Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a modern, fully equipped, skilled nursing facility offering a full range of medical, social, and rehabilitation services. The facility features 140 beds including 17 vent certified beds. The residents live in attractively furnished private and semi-private rooms.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V