Nurse Practitioner - Wound Care
New Paltz Center is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to provide Wound Care management for our skilled nursing facility in New Paltz, NY. The ideal candidate will have experience in a long term care setting.
- Assess, Diagnose, treat and manage acute, and/ or chronic ulcers
- Conduct weekly wound rounds at the facility and document findings in the EHR
- Debridement of wounds as needed
- Order appropriate treatments, medications, and common diagnostic labs/test
- Communicate with PCP, clinical team and patients/family as needed
- Educate the nursing staff
- Be a pleasant, compassionate and committed provider to join our growing wound care team.
- Licensed ARNP with a current valid Registered Nurse license
- Certification in Wound Care (WCC, CWS, CWCN) is a plus
- Wound Care and at least 1 year of clinical experience is a plus
- Willingness and ability to work independently
- Good Customer service skills and be a team player
- Computer literate and EMR Proficiency.
- Bilingual a plus
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Must be Board Certified
New Paltz, NY
New Paltz Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 77-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet woodsy neighborhood outside of town. Our mission at New Paltz Center is to provide the finest rehab and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes are our daily measures of progress. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave New Paltz Center with dignity and independence. New Paltz Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.