Bishop Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for a Nurse Practioner to work in our facility in Syracuse, NY.
- Serves in the role of primary care provider to long and short term residents. Assessing patient’s health by visiting patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Team based care, collaborating with the medical attending/physician, as well as nursing home staff to provide the highest standard of care attainable.
- Building a relationship with residents and families, educating and formulating a plan of evidence-based care, congruent with the patients’ needs and desires.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Additionally ensuring standards align with the core values of the organization: being respectful, professional, and cognizant of all cultural, personal and religious beliefs.
- Reviewing and ensuring charting, documenting, and administration of care is up to date and performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
- Must be Board Certified