Nursing Home Food Service Director
Richmond Center is hiring a Food Service Director in Staten Island, NY.
- Plan, assign and inspect the work of Food Service Staff.
- Schedule and assign staff, prepare department payroll for data entry if required.
- Supervise the storage & care of food and supplies.
- Oversee the cleaning of the kitchen, storage, dining areas, and equipment.
- Inspects Residents' trays for consistency with the specified menu.
- May be requested to assist on tray line at mealtimes.
- Coordinates and plans food preparation activities for special events.
- Ordering and purchasing.
- Staff training and orientation.
- Food Service exp. in Long-Term Care settings.
- CDM certification required
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- SERV Safe or Sodexo certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of large scale & therapeutic food prep.
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V