Nursing Home Med Tech (CMT) - Per Diem
Med Tech - Per Diem
Kingston Center is seeking a qualified Medical Technician at our Skilled Nursing Facility in West Kingston, RI. The ideal candidate will have post high school coursework in medical services, or college degree, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
Receive a $10 Amazon Gift Card if you come in for an interview!!!
- Accurately pour and endorse assistance with medication of each individual
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and faxing of requests to MDs
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered
- Communicate with the Medication Supervisor to clarify and ensure entitlements, prescriptions, and deliveries
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file
- Report residents who missed or refused medications to supervisor and case management
- Attend all mandatory scheduled in-service training programs
- Must have an active RI CNA and CMT license
- Previous experience and/or training as a Medtech is strongly preferred
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language
- Familiar with the needs of the infirm and the elderly
Kingston Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 55-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a woodsy, residential neighborhood of Washington County, Rhode Island. Our mission at Kingston Center is to provide the finest rehab and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes are our daily measures of progress. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Kingston Center with dignity and independence. Kingston Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.