Nursing Home Med Tech
Bannister Center is looking to hire a Med Tech to work for our skilled nursing facility located in Providence, RI. The ideal candidate will have post high school coursework in medical services, or college degree, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
We now offer the following:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program!
- Generous pay rates based on experience
- Extra evening and night shift differentials
- Flexible schedules for Full-Time, Part-Time, or Per-Diem status
- ?Career Advancement Opportunities
- Two-Tiered Insurance Plan: Medical and Dental included!
- Accurately pour and endorse assistance with medication of each individual
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets
- Review of "no-refill" orders in the refill log and faxing of requests to MDs
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered
- Communicate with the Medication Supervisor to clarify and ensure entitlements, prescriptions, and deliveries
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file
- Report residents who missed or refused medications to supervisor and case management
- Attend all mandatory scheduled in-service training programs
- Must have an active RI CNA and CMT license
- Previous experience and/or training as a Medtech is strongly preferred
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language
- Familiar with the needs of the infirm and the elderly
Bannister Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 161-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility just minutes away from historic downtown Providence, Rhode Island. With a rich tradition as a pillar of the Providence community, our facility provides a warm and nurturing environment, allowing each resident to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We want all residents to leave Bannister Center with dignity and independence. Bannister Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.