Nursing Home Recreation Leader
Triboro Center is actively seeking a motivated and experienced Recreation Leader to work at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have experience in long-term care settings, be well organized with excellent communication skills, and have familiarity and true enjoyment from working with the needs of the infirm and the elderly.
Competitive compensation and full benefits program provided!
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans organize and leads a wide variety of recreational activities/programs including, but not limited to music, arts, crafts, discussions, parties, social groups, trips, special events and entertainment, active and passive games, sensory type activities, movies, bingo, etc.
- Creates an assigned unit calendar with a variety of recreational activities/programs to encompass the five domains of Therapeutic Recreation.
- Stores and properly maintains all recreational equipment and supplies.
- Participates in departmental and/or facility meetings, in-services, and staff training.
- Assesses and documents assigned residents’ status, needs/interests, and progress upon initial admission, quarterly progress, annual and/or significant change reviews; Interviews assigned residents for MDS 3.0. Records assigned residents’ activity attendance and participation
- Escorts and/or transports residents to/from activities as needed.
- Prepares and serves refreshments as needed at activities within facility and department guidelines
- Assists in decorating for parties, special events, seasonal occasions, staff parties, and community events
- Attends community outings/trips
- Works collaboratively with other department staff as a member of the IDT
- Partners and provides mentorship to volunteers/interns, as assigned
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation
- Must be proficient and have an intermediate level in computer skills
- Must be flexible in work schedule, working rotating weekends and/or evenings
- Must enjoy working with the geriatric population and in a Nursing Home setting
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Must be able to do clinical documentation on EMR
- Must be energetic, upbeat and have a positive attitude towards others
- Must have the ability to organize and engage a small or large group of people catering to various needs (i.e. intergenerational, dementia)
- Must be able to lead and create a variety of activities
- Must be willing to mentor and work with volunteers/interns
- Previous recreation experience strongly preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Recreation preferred
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center’s staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.