Nursing Home Unit Clerk
Essex Center is hiring a Unit Clerk in Elizabethtown, NY.
- Basic administrative office functions; filing & data entry
- Typing reports & correspondence as required, Assisting with the admissions/discharge process
- Scheduling appointments for Residents when needed
- Initiating & coordinating transportation approvals & schedules
- Relaying vital information to Nursing Staff & Medical Team
- Maintain medical records as per protocol, file medical charts as required
- Provide unit staff with employee manuals & forms
- Inventories unit/office supplies & performs all other related duties
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant phone manner & strong computer skills
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in LTC settings a plus
- Should be friendly and a team worker
- Positive attitude and energy are a must!!
- Dependable and willing to work!
Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Elizabethtown, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Essex Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V