Triboro Center is actively seeking a full-time Nursing Department Secretary.
The ideal candidate will have good phone and computer skills, organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and be personable. Strong communication skills required.
- Keep to a departmental budget, and keep overtime to a minimum.
- Basic administrative office functions; filing & data entry.
- Typing reports & correspondence as required.
- Relaying vital information to Nursing Staff & Medical Team.
- Maintain medical and employee records as per protocol and in accordance with privacy law. File personnel and medical charts as required.
- Provide unit staff with employee manuals & forms.
- Inventories supplies and uniforms, & performs all other related duties.
- Maintain good relations with other departments and fill in as needed.
- Maintain compliance with relevant regulations and maintain regulatory records.
- The successful candidates may need to be available by phone, text, email after hours for staffing issues.
- Maintain good relations with superiors (Nursing Director and Assistant Director) and serve as a gatekeeper/scheduler for them.
- Assist DON with Miscellaneous tasks.
- Set up appointments.
- Transport and Aid residents to clinic appointments
- Assist in any tasks necessary in the nursing department.
- Nursing Facility Experience greatly preferred.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant phone manner & strong computer skills
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in LTC settings a plus.
- Should be friendly and a team worker
- A positive attitude and energy are a must!!
- Dependable and willing to work!
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center’s staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium