Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) Per-Diem
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Ontario Center is actively seeking an Occupational Therapy Assistant to work Per-Diem for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Canandaigua, NY.
OTA Duties Include:
- Select therapy activities to fit Residents' needs and capabilities.
- Assist Residents in carrying out daily activities.
- Monitor Residents' performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Teach Residents how to use special equipment to assist with daily function.
- Work in collaboration with the OT to establish a rehabilitation plan.
- Supervise Residents’ activities to ensure they are done properly.
- Report the Resident’s progress to the OT.
- Handle administrative/clerical tasks.
OTA Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited OTA Program
- Current NYS OTA License
- Experience in Long Term Care settings preferred
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing-home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to an emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Ontario Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.