Patient Care Technician
Centers Dialysis Care is seeking a Patient Care Technician (PCT) for our dialysis centers in Brooklyn, NY.
Come work at Centers Dialysis Care, a high-level network of dialysis facilities located in Brooklyn, Bronx. and Rockland County. We are seeking to hire experienced Patient Care Technicians as well as train Patient Care Technician interested in the exciting field of dialysis care. We are waiting eagerly to hear from you!
Are you a hard-working professional who is looking to work in a warm environment where employees are appreciated and rewarded for their dedication and hard work? Are you tired of the large corporate dialysis chains, their endless red tape, and where no one understands you? Centers Dialysis Care facilities are managed by local professionals who are at the facility and get what you need! Apply now!
- Preparation of dialysis machine
- Priming extracorporeal circuit
- Performing pre-dialysis task
- Obtaining vital signs
- Obtaining pre-dialysis weights
- Calculate fluid removal based on estimated dry weight
- Reports any abnormalities of vital signs and weights to charge nurse
- Initiates, monitor and terminate the hemodialysis procedure as per unit protocol
- Initiate, monitor, and terminate the hemodialysis procedure utilizing the A-V Fistula, A-V Graft as per unit protocol.
- Will report any unusual presenting symptoms or untoward effects of treatment to the charge nurse.
- Intradiaytic monitoring of patients with permcaths
- Document admission, intradialytic monitoring and post dialysis observations on flow sheet
- Administer bolus of normal saline in response to hypotension or cramps and inform charge nurse
- Performs venipunctures to obtain access for dialysis via AVG/AVF and for blood samples.
- Understands and is able to operate the centrifuge machine
- Prepares blood samples for transportation to the laboratory
- Is able to trouble shoot individual dialysis machines
- Capable of checking the conductivity, temperature and PH of the dialysate
- Capable of checking for residual Sodium Hypochlorite.
- Capable of checking the water system for Chlorine/Chloramine
- Disinfection of Hemodialysis Machine
- Monitor the water system as per established guidelines and parameters, document on log sheet and report any deviations to the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager and Chief Technician.
- Ensuring the enforcement of all policies and procedures including patient’s bill of rights
- Proper handling and storage of bio-hazardous waste and chemical
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures. Able to function in an emergency situation under the direction of the person in charge:
- Understand CPR protocols, and can assist during an emergency situation
- Communicate information regarding the patient’s condition to the MD, and RN
- Assist with patient transport as needed.
- Adheres to infection control standard of practice
- This position requires graduation from an accredited High School or a Graduate Equivalence Diploma; Hemodialysis Certification. CPR- BLS Certification
With five centers, located throughout the Tri-State Area, Centers Health Dialysis' facilities have been providing quality care for over 13 years to our dialysis community. Our focus is on providing the ultimate patient care experience in outpatient dialysis facilities located both onsite and offsite of skilled nursing facilities. We are proud to share that we are independently and locally owned with stellar on-site management giving our facilities the individualized touch often missing from other large organizations.
Centers Dialysis Care is a part of Centers Health, a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering four states. At Centers Health and Centers Health Dialysis, we are well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages, and more.