Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately identify patients using a wristband, documents or through known visual identification.
- Receives assignments, assembles supplies and equipment required to perform specimen collection according to established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Accurately identifies priorities such as Stat, timed, or routine.
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax.
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture.
- Draw blood using proper equipment and techniques.
- Keep all sharps, needles, and equipment out of reach of the patient and properly dispose of these and all medical waste.
- Follow the proper test tube order of draw.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples for the test and tube required.
- Label test tubes correctly and send or deliver them for testing.
- Does not attempt to draw any patient more than two times. Request help if necessary.
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate patient records.
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working.
- Monitor the patient for reactions; monitor equipment operations
- Educate patient on immediate after care
- Maintain a clean and sanitary space.
- If trained on specimen storage and centrifugation, use all appropriate procedures.
- Ensure patient confidentiality.
- Attends all required company meetings and training programs.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Technician certificate preferred
- Without certificate must have completed a hospital or major lab training program
- Understanding of standard blood drawing practices and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Able and flexible to work nights, evening hours, weekends, holidays, and extended shifts
- Strict adherence to safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Valid State-issued driver’s license with a good driving record
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1123557