Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is currently seeking a Phlebotomist Supervisor to work at our Laboratory located in Stafford, VA.
The phlebotomy supervisor is a hands-on position responsible for the oversight of the phlebotomist in the field. The phlebotomy supervisor monitors the phlebotomy team responsible for performing all laboratory related duties within the physician office as per the assigned work schedule. Additionally, the phlebotomist supervisor is responsible for providing account maintenance to ensure overall client satisifaction.
- Directly oversees and supervises all company phlebotomist in all locations.
- Manages the scheduling and proper placement of phlebotomist on a daily basis for all locations. This includes handling all phlebotomist call outs, and paid time off request.
- Manages the payroll and all payroll related issues for phlebotomist, including reviews of submitted hours and expenses.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirments through maintaining proper documentation, conducting audits, and corrective actions.
- Participates in all Quality meetings and programs.
- Screen, interview and hire all new phlebotomy personell as needed.
- Provide orientation, training, and competency assessments to all testing personnel.
- Performs all phlebotomy related disciplinary actions as needed.
- Perform at least 3 to 4 daily site visits to perform all of the following upon each visit.
- Meet personally with phlebotomist(s)
- Meet personally with clients to check on service levels and overall client satisfaction.
- Review issues such as mistakes, test or procedural updates, policy changes, etc.
- Perform additional training if necessary.
- Perform disciplinary action if neccesary.
- Review all compliance related items as per company policies.
- Document site visit and duties performed at each visit.
- Work with sales team and client services to coordinate all client related phlebotomy services and ensure high level of customer service and client retention.
- Able to perform phlebotomist job duties including but not limited to venipuncture, specimen collection, proper completion of all lab related paperwork, forms, documentation, and specimen proccessing.
- Familiar with tube types, test request, and medical terminology.
- Data entry and data retrieval using the laboratory’s data management system.
- Laboratory report(s) retrieval and filing.
- Strict adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of professional responsibility and performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexilble, organized, and function under stressful situations.
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional education a plus.
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1092603