Physical Therapist Assistant + Sign-On Bonus
Physical Therapist Assistant
Far Rockaway Center is actively seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Far Rockaway, NY.
Now offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus!!
PTA Duties Include:
- Measuring & recording Residents' motor function, strength, and muscle performance.
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, observe residents, and write progress reports.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with a variety of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents on how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle and improve mobility.
- Maintain Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to an interdisciplinary team effort.
PTA Requirements Include:
- A graduate of an accredited PTA Program
- Current New York State PTA License
- Experience in long-term-care settings preferred
Far Rockaway, NY
Far Rockaway Center is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Far Rockaway, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Far Rockaway Nursing Home is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.