Physical Therapists- Per Diem
Northern Manor Multicare Center is actively seeking a Per-Diem Physical Therapist for our skilled nursing facility in Rockland County, NY.
- The PT examines Residents, develops and administers therapy plans to; manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities and achieve long-term health benefits.
- The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques
PT Duties Include:
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate rehabilitation plan
- Help Residents to improve their mobility
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how to handle each situation
- Maintain Resident confidence and protects facility operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team effort
PT Requirements Include:
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- MUST Hold a valid NY Physical Therapist License
- Experience in long-term care setting, such as a skilled nursing facility, highly preferred
Northern Manor Multicare Center has been responding to the health care and lifestyle needs of the senior population since 1981. Our facilities and services include a premier retirement community, assisted living, skilled nursing centers, home care, adult day health centers and community outreach. Northern Manor offers health care and personal services for residents who require help with activities of daily living. Whether a patient is recovering from an accident, illness or surgical procedure, Northern Manor provides quality care to meet the individual needs of every patient. Our focus is on improving quality of life. Northern Manor is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.