Medical Director Services PC is looking to hire an experienced Podiatrist to service in our skilled nursing facilities in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, Georgia.
We have openings in the following locations : Jackson, McDonough, Conyers, Sandy Springs, Riverdale, Cartersville, Canton
Now Offering a $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
Provide professional, medical and surgical podiatric services to patients with conditions affecting the foot, ankle, and related structures
- Diagnose, treat, or prescribe treatment of the foot, ankle, and other related structures using medical histories, physical examinations, x-rays, and laboratory test results
- Perform foot, ankle, and related structure surgeries within the scope of practice
- Prescribe medications, corrective devices, physical therapy, and appropriate methods of foot care
- Administer medications and local anesthetics
- Advise patients about treatments and foot care techniques to prevent future problems
- Record all diagnoses, treatments, and prescriptions
- Refer patients to other physicians or specialists for consultation when necessary
- Communicate with staff regarding budget requests, ordering equipment and supplies
- Degree of Doctor of Podiatric Medicine received by a school accredited by the Council of Podiatric Medical Education and Georgia State Board of Podiatric Medicine of the Georgia Medical Board
- Successful completion of at least two (2) years of a post-graduate podiatric medical and surgical training program approved by the Council of Podiatric Medical Education
- A current and valid Georgia State license to practice the full scope of podiatric medicine as issued by the Georgia State Board of Podiatric Medicine of the Georgia Medical Board
Medical Director Services was founded in 2016 when SNF’s were shifting a focus on value at the same time treating residents with a higher level of acuity. MDS PC puts an emphasis on quality and customer service first. Another crucial focus is treating in place when possible and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations.
MDS PC is experienced in providing medical services in an SNF setting with an understanding of how to give effective medical care in an SNF as well as an understanding of the survey process. We are currently providing services in facilities with specialty units and provide appropriate medical personal with the experience in treating residents on a vent. It is standard for our providers to reach out to the surrounding hospitals to ensure that we have good communications in terms of the continuation of care. We put a major focus on reducing the number of medications as well as the requirements with narcotics and psych meds. If the providers feel that certain medications are appropriated, we ensure that it is well documented so that the facility will not be cited.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1083297